OK. I havent been this harsh on any of the services out there (though there are crappy services out there), but this one was too much. Not because it was a BIG issue, but because it came from a big company.
I had Google Ads being served up in my posts, just above the comment section. A small neat not in the face ad strip. For last 15 days I had been seeing that the only ads being served are targetting the keyword ‘blog‘. A quick search (on Google!) led me to the fact that it was my URL, www.emergintex.com/blog which was the culprit as AdSense was seeing that blog keyword in my URL and hence serving blog related ads.
After some looking around, I tried adding the sites being offered against blog keyword to my block list under Google AdSense, but the sucker kept on serving newer and newer blog related sites. I thought, ok let me try and remove the blog keyword from my URL. So, I moved my WordPress install to the root instead of root/blog. This didnt help a lot again (even after waiting for a day for the ads to refresh) and more than that, this way I would lose my Technorati rating, pointing to the old URI. Plus my feeds @ FeedBurner.
So I decided to axe the Google Ads. BottomLine. But the question is, WHY CANT GOOGLE give ways to BLOCK certain KEYWORDS ! Life would be simpler in that case.
Technorati Tags: AdSense
Sphere: Related Content